Mold is extremely harmful to your health
Household mold, if left unchecked, can cause a variety of health issues, including allergic reactions, chronic coughing and sneezing, eye irritation, ear nose, and throat issues, rashes, chronic fatigue, persistent headaches, and more. The effects of mold on children, the elderly, or immune-compromised people can be much worse, and can even lead to partial paralysis or even death.
While most of us know that black mold spores are a dangerous and costly result of unwanted moisture, many of us don’t know how to get rid of it safely and effectively.
Cleaning mold with bleach does more harm than good
Most people think that, since bleach is the most effective household cleaner for killing germs, bacteria, and viruses, then it should be great for killing mold too. It’s true that bleach will kill mold on hard surfaces like glass and tile, using bleach to kill mold spores on porous surfaces does more harm than good.
Mold has roots, just like trees or plants. The black spots we can see are the spores. But anywhere you can visually see mold spores, there are roots that go down into the surface. The more porous the material, the easier it is for mold’s roots to go deeper.